What is Pancreas ?
Which are the best foods for pancreatitis?
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Lean Protein
- Whole grains
- Other plant-based foods that are not fried
The foods that are easy to digest & does not raise the load on pancreas are preferred.
Fruits and vegetables
- Cooked vegetables may be easier for you to tolerate than raw ones. Berries, citrus, leafy greens, fruits, and cruciferous vegetables are high in antioxidants, fiber, and phytochemicals.
- Blueberries (ब्लू बैरीज)
- broccoli (ब्रॉकोली)
- kale (गोभी)
- spinach (पालक)
- Protein-rich foods support the immune system and help repair cells and tissues. Easy-to-digest protein sources include:
- nut butters
- tofu (सोया पनीर)
- fish (मछली)
- Complex carbohydrates rich in fiber don’t spike blood sugar levels as quickly as simple carbohydrates do. They also keep energy levels up. Good choices consist of:
- oatmeal (दलिया)
- quinoa (कीनुआ )
- brown rice (ब्राउन राइस)
- Fat is necessary for overall health. It supplies energy and helps maintain core body temperature. Healthy fats contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, such as:
- Olive oil
- Avocados (एवकाडो) Fruit
Which foods that should be avoided with pancreatic problems?
- Refined carbohydrates
- Fried foods and high-fat foods
- People recovering from pancreatitis may find that they tolerate smaller, more frequent meals. Eating six times per day may possibly work better than eating three meals per day.
- A moderate fat diet, providing around 25 percent of calories from fat, may be tolerated by lots of people with chronic pancreatitis.
- People recovering from acute pancreatitis should eat less than 30 grams of fat per day.